Crispy chicken nuggets because the kids love them so much. And this homemade chicken nuggets with Parmesan cheese are the bomb!
It's Friday, so the weekend is up coming. And then the children love to eat fast food. The shawarma wraps are very popular, but they also love chicken nuggets. Now you can buy them in the supermarket, but for sure the most are delicious homemade.
One of my sons friends came here to eat dinner. He tasted something different about these chicken nuggets, because they tasted like ... chicken. My children looked at each other if they wanted to say, it seems logical to me, but the point was made.
Fast food friday
Another friend said that our homemade pizza sauce tastes like tomatoes. My children are laughing at that moment for they are accustomed to taste flavors. Even in their fast food.
So today I share with you this recipe for chicken nuggets. Serve with these healthy fries, where you actually have prove that fast food by definition not has to be very unhealthy.
Crispy chicken nuggets with Parmesan cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- sunflower oil
- Cut the chicken into fine cubes
- Put the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl and add a little water in there so you get a batter.
- In a second bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- Put the chicken pieces in the batter and then dip them in the breadcrumbs cheese mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan and bake the nuggets until they are golden brown and done. Note: you have to put enough oil in the pan or they become dry. Don't put all the chicken nuggets in the pan at the same time, make sure they have enough space.
- Put a plate lined with kitchen paper ready and let the chicken nuggets drain, before serving.