Pan fried cheese sticks with a crispy outside and a creamy melted cheese inside. Just bake them in a frying pan and you can serve them right away. Yummy!
Now that it became Friday again, we start with a tasty snack. And this time I opted for pan fried cheese sticks. Just because I find it delightful to eat.
And this cheese stick is made from real cheese. Seems normal you think? Now I know from the descriptions of the various store bought snacks, that the filling of a cheese souffle from the supermarket in the Netherlands, the cheese inside of the crispy outside contains only between 10% and 60% cheese. And in particular the 10% I thought it was a bummer, what's more in there? And why is it still called a cheese stick? For me it's just another reason to keep making my own snacks.
Pan fried cheese sticks
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 300 grams cheese like Gouda
- 2 eggs size L
- 100 grams bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Remove the crusts from the cheese.
- Cut the cheese into 4 slices.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk them.
- Toss the breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Grab a slice of cheese, dip into the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Dips it again through the egg mixture and a second time through the crumbs.
- Press firmly so the breadcrumbs stick
- Repeat this for all slices of cheese.
- Melt the butter in the pan, pour the oil in and fry the slices until golden brown on both sides (about 10 minutes).